- We finally support Windows!
- macOS release is still in dmg format.
- Appimage build has some issue.
7 posts tagged with "release"View All Tags
Local Native v0.5.0 Electron release (appimage, dmg) should mark as the last version of Electron code.
Local Native iOS & iPadOS app and Android app also updated their
localnative_core code, which
- fixed syncing issue
- removed unused
ssbtable in database,
- and made upgrades to underlying Rust libraries.
I still could not identify how the crash occurs by staring at the crash log.
It turns out the fix is to rewrite iOS code in SwiftUI.
One thing maybe a drawback from previous iOS version is that the bookmark note text is not selectable.
It has been a few months since last Local Native v0.4.0 release, which introduced (wireless) syncing via tarpc, database schema change and more. That is decent amount of internal data structure change and observable new features. Everything was well and I was not worrying about rushing out more features very soon, until ..
In contrast, this v0.4.1 release is only motivated by fixing the one observed
the touch input keyboard for the share extension's text fields (tag and description fields etc..) does not show up in iOS, after upgrading to newer version (iOS 13.2.2 as of writing). This prevents user to input tag or description, or change title or url for the note.
Saving note still works, but what's the fun if I can not add tags to a note?
Technically This is a new feature only in newer version of iOS. How hard could be
As hinted in the previous post, this v0.4.0 release is a MVP to show sync between different devices using slightly patched tarpc . Currently sync works between desktop and desktop, desktop and mobile when they are on the same LAN/WiFi.
The schema of
note table is updated to have an extra
uuid column to uniquely identify and dedup records for sync. At the end of sync operation, both devices will end up with same set of
uuid by appending the diff from the other device.
Mobile device can scan a QR code encoding the server address and port to connect to the server to start sync.
iOS sync screenshot:
This release adds QR code display for url.
What is new?
- This Local Native release marks as a personal milestone to satisfy my day-to-day use case for web bookmarking and note-taking with title, URL, tags, and description.
- Search, create, read, delete and pagination are implemented for desktop (gnu/linux, mac), browser extension (firefox, chrome/brave) and mobile (ios, android).
- On desktop, time-series charts are shown to allow filtering on time range, and tag cloud is visualized.